Guest blog by Sarah Cornforth – Magikal Creatrix
What is Mandala Art?
Here’s an example of some of my own Mandala art. Looks complicated right? Wrong! It’s actually much easier to do than you might think.
A mandala is a design which radiates outward from a central point surrounded by other repeating and symmetrical shapes, colours and design elements. This structure is what gives it a meditative effect as the repetition of the design slows the mind allowing thoughts to collect in a more ordered manner.
The benefits of Mandala Art
Creating Mandalas has actually been proven to have a lot of health and wellbeing benefits.
Here’s a list of some of them:
- Slow your mind
- Quiet your thoughts and emotions
- Help you feel calmer and more in control
- Vaise your mood and vibration
- Make meditation easier or be used as a mediation alternative
- Reduce stress and lower blood pressure
- Generate good health and well-being
- Allow you to ground and centre yourself
- Increase concentration and focus in other areas of your life
- Boost creativity
- Aid problem-solving abilities
- Connect with your spiritual guides and helpers
- Create a sense of creative achievement and enjoyment
- Overcome blocks and move away from bad habits
- Create balance and harmony between the body and mind
- Open the heart chakra
- Promote spiritual and personal development